At Katherine Smith Elementary School we believe...
- all children can learn at high levels, regardless of their race, socioeconomic background, language, or family situation.
- we are better when we participate in a cooperative and distributed leadership model.
- we need to be reflective, collaborative, and innovative with our teaching practice.
- our school to be a safe, healthy, supportive, and nurturing environment for the whole community.
- we need to be willing to take risks and never settle for the status quo to get to the best solution to a problem.