Annual SOEP Pledge Drive
Working to Support Distance Learning at Silver Oak!
These are unprecedented times... the landscape of learning has been changed by COVID-19. As we all do our part to keep each other safe, we ask for your continued support of Silver Oak via Silver Oak Educational Partnership (SOEP = PTO) to help give our children the best education possible during this period of distance learning.
Things are different this year, and that is always hard. In-person classroom enrichment and community gatherings are not possible at this time. We are also sensitive to worries about screen fatigue with too many online programs. SOEP/PTO is committed to understanding this year's new expenses and areas of need. We have worked closely with Silver Oak staff to develop a plan to support what is needed, and be creative with our remote programs and community engagement.
The amount we are requesting in our pledge drive this year is less than half of what we ask during a traditional year. This is largely because we cannot contract the in-person enrichment programs we usually support.
2020 Pledge Request: $150 per student
We invite the Silver Oak community to pledge your support at this time and allow us to partner with our school once again for the benefit of all of our children.
Thank you in advance for your continued support!
Pledge Drive Co-Coordinators:
Why Do We Need $150 per Student?
Pledge money is spent on your child(ren) & their education at Silver Oak
2020-2021 Projected Per-Student Spend of Pledge Funds
Silver Oak Educational Partnership (dba: Silver Oak PTO) is asking for a ONE-TIME 2020-21 contribution of $150 PER STUDENT to fund the classroom grants, technology investments, and support that we have budgeted for this school year. If you have the desire to gift a higher amount and we surpass our per-student goal, we have reach goals and projects that we could attempt to address to improve our school and increase classroom support.
If your employer has an employee charitable giving match program... please submit your donation via your company's procedure to enable your company to double (and in some cases triple) your personal giving to Silver Oak... contact email@example.com if you have any questions about this possible Corporate Matching.
Click the "Make a Pledge" heart button below to pledge your support!
If you are planning to participate, please pledge your support today! The PLEDGE FORM is currently live and ready to accept your contribution. Click the "Make a Pledge" Heart to pledge now! Together, we can make another year of technologically accessible and enriched education possible at Silver Oak School!
Click the Prize Button below to view our fantastic pledge incentives!
Silver Oak Strong!
SOEP/PTO Pledge Drive Goal
Pledge Drive FAQ
- What grades are supported by pledge drive?
- ALL GRADES ARE SUPPORTED by funds from pledge drive. This includes our new preschool classes and transitional kindergarten (TK) class, in addition to K-6.
- Where does the money from pledge drive go?
- SOEP spending is prioritized to go directly into the classrooms and school and benefits all students.
- When is the money spent?
- SOEP pledge dollars raised are budgeted to be spent during the CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR. Should we come up short, immediate adjustments would need to be made to our school support planHow Can I Pledge?
- How can I pledge?
- Families can pledge for single or multiple Silver Oak students at once. There are two ways you can submit your pledge:
- ONLINE PLEDGE: Your pledge information and payment may be submitted online. Please *CLICK HERE* to visit now.
- PAPER PLEDGE FORM: Forms will be sent home on distribution day via your child's classroom. Completed forms and payments may be mailed to the SOEP PO Box, or delivered to the school office. Please make checks payable to "SOEP" (= Silver Oak Educational Partnership), and note your child(ren)'s name(s) and teacher(s) in the memo.
SOEP mailing address:
Silver Oak Educational Partnership
5655 Silver Creek Valley Road #116
San Jose, CA 95138
What Are the Different Pledge Levels?
PLEDGE DRIVE PLEDGE LEVELS:
We encourage all families to pledge $150 per student to allow us to meet our current program and materials investments. If you are able to pledge a higher amount than $150, it allows SOEP to explore other ways to invest in our classrooms and better support the needs of our teachers.
Extracurricular programs are organized by SOEP/PTO, but they are NOT FUNDED by pledge dollars. Programs such as Math Olympiad, Math Kangaroo, and theater are self-funding programs that are paid for by registration fees.
We strongly believe that your investment in the SOEP is a good one... it directly benefits every child at Silver Oak, and continues to make our school an extraordinary learning environment. Thank you for your support.